Re: configure shmmax on MAC OS X - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Bohmer
Subject Re: configure shmmax on MAC OS X
Date
List pgsql-performance
On OS X, I've always made these changes in:

/System/Library/StartupItems/SystemTuning/SystemTuning

and manually checked it with sysctl after reboot.  Works for me.

100k buffers is probably overkill.  There can be a performance penalty with too many buffers.  See this lists' archives
formore.  10k would probably be a better start.

- Jeff

--

Jeff Bohmer
VisionLink, Inc.